Getting busy with it..

What did I know about the FPGEE at the time I was accepted to sit it? Approximately nothing. All I had was the yellow information book that I had received from the NABP that listed the information (books) the American colleges used to teach their students, and the subject matters covered in the FPGEE with corresponding percentages in the exam. I also knew the exam was sat over two sessions (morning and afternoon) each for 3 hours, and was taking place on Saturday 2nd December 2006 (my friends Wedding day don't forget).

So I did what every student would do these days - Google!

Suddenly a wealth of information sources sprung up at me. Two I take the opportunity to share here, since these were the only two that saw me through to passing the exam. The first (and I wont be too specific as there are lots of options and I don't think it fair to prejudice your choice) was joining a Yahoo! Group. Just type in FPGEE and you'll see loads with good membership numbers that are very active.
The other stroke of luck I happened to come across (and for certain would have been one of the various texts often mentioned on the Yahoo! group) is a site called http://www.pharmacyexam.com/ which is a site selling books by Manan H Shroff dedicated to passing the various pharmacy exams and, more importantly, has study aids and reference books to help pass them.

From the NABP website (current the last time I looked at it on April 12th 2009) it says:

Area 1 - Basic Biomedical Sciences - 21%
Area 2 - Pharmaceutical Sciences – 29%
Area 3 - Social/Behavioral/Administrative Pharmacy Sciences – 15%
Area 4 - Clinical Sciences – 35%

I think Area 1 + 2 are the morning exam (150 questions) and Area 3 + 4 are the afternoon exam (another 150 questions)

These areas are given a much more in-depth breakdown on the website:

http://www.nabp.net/ftpfiles/NABP01/FPGEEBlueprint.pdf


And that was about that. I had my two Manan H Shroff books. I had my pals on my Yahoo! Groups, and I had my desire to study and pass the exam.

And then I did what I did at University.

Nothing.

Months went by and before I knew it I was on the plane to New York and hadn't even started looking at the books in earnest, and I slept most of the flight!

In my next blog I'll tell you how the exam went.

Farmacyst

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the results....or not

Even before you begin...know this...

Some useful information