One thing wrong leads to another...

So I've told you about all the fun and hysterics of getting through the validity checking procedure for sitting the FPGEE exam. And now I was sitting back and waiting for the summer when I would receive the forms for applying to sit the December exam. In the meantime it just so happened that some close friends who live in New York announced their engagement. When? The first weekend of December. When is the FPGEE usually? Only the first weekend in December! So now I really needed the paperwork from the FPGEE so that I could confirm my registration in New York, and book flights and hotels accordingly. August, nothing comes. September, nothing. My wife's going mental. I phone the NABP. Sorry, we don't communicate by phone. I email, sorry we require a fax. I fax, sorry, you need to refer to the letter we sent. I didn't get the f letter. I go to the website, and spot an email link for the Executive Director/Secretary exec-office@nabp.net and I write a letter to them explaining both the reason for the delay (I hadn't yet received the letter) the reason for my anxiety (I can't communicate with anyone there in a manner that gets a logical response) and the reason for my urgency (that I wanted to sit in New York rather than Chicago or San Somewhere or other, because I had a wedding in New York the very same weekend). I received an email asking me to phone and speak to a certain person. I phoned. He was out. I waited a day and phoned. I spoke with the person. I explained the situation. He said I needed to send a fax. I explained more clearly, he said the person he needed to speak to was out. I said I would phone back the next day. Overnight I received an email! It said we understand you have had difficulty applying for the December FPGEE, and understand you wish to sit in New York, we have therefore entered you for that exam in that location. Halley-frickin-looya. The very next day the NABP website declared the New York option full. Blimey! However, that was still the start of the story, but more will be revealed in my next installment. Farmacyst

Popular posts from this blog

Getting the results....or not

Even before you begin...know this...

Some useful information